We understand that the privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. This notice sets out what we do with your personal information, what we do to keep it secure, from where and how we collect it, as well as your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
If you don’t want to read all the detail, here are the things we think you’d really want to know:
- Your personal information is, where appropriate, shared within the APK CHOWK CORPORATION .
- We do use a number of third parties to process your personal information on our behalf and some of them are based outside of the European Economic Area.
- You have a number of rights over your personal information. How you can exercise these rights is set out in this notice.
What sorts of personal information do we hold?
Information that you provide to us when you apply for a job such as your name, address, date of birth, identity card number, marital status, referees, NI number, employment history and qualifications;
Your account login details, including your user name and chosen password;
Your contact details and details of the emails and other communications you receive from us.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide is truthful and accurate.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
Whenever we process your personal information we have to have something called a “legal basis” for what we do. The different legal bases we rely on are:
- Consent: You have told us you are happy for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose;
- Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for us to conduct our business, but not where our interests are overridden by your interests or rights.
- Performance of a contract: We must process your personal information in order to be able to provide you with one of our products or services;
- Vital interests: The processing of your personal information is necessary to protect you or someone else’s life;
- Public information: Where we process personal information which you have already made public;
- Legal claims: The processing of your personal information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity; and
- Legal obligation: We are required to process your personal information by law.
We may use your information in the following ways
- Your application – we need to use your personal information so we can to process your application for a job.
- Other jobs – we may use your information to consider you for alternative positions which you may be a match for if you’ve agreed to us retaining your record for this purpose.
- Legal obligations – we use your personal information to comply with any legal obligations that we have.
- Analytics and profiling – we use your personal information for statistical analysis and to help us understand more about the people who apply for jobs with us.
- Contacting you – we use your personal information to contact you in connection with your application.
- Personnel record– if your application is successful then we use your personal information to create your personnel record.
- Referees – we use the information you provided to contact your referees to obtain references if you are successful in your application.
- Pre-employment checks – for certain roles we conduct pre-employment but we do not conduct these unless you have been offered a role.
- Equality, diversity & inclusion– this information will be held separately from your application form, this will be used for monitoring purposes and validating the fairness of our tests.
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you may be able to exercise in relation to the personal information we process about you.
- the right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to restrict our use of your personal information;
- the right to be forgotten;
- the right of data portability; and
- the right to object to our use of your personal information.
Where we rely on consent as the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you may also withdraw that consent at any time.
If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that we will need to verify your identity before we can fullfil any of your rights under data protection law. This helps us to protect the personal information belonging to our customer against fraudulent requests.
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out in the “Your rights” or “Automated decision making and profiling” sections above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, or the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org